Your Bennettsville, SC Family Dentist
At Dentistry on Broad, our team provides superior dental care to patients of all ages. Whether our next patient is a toddler coming in for their first dental checkup or a senior patient in need of a tooth replacement procedure, Dr. Dudley Beaty and his staff not only provide safe, effective treatment, we also are trained to create a relaxing, stress-free environment for comfortable dental visits.
If you are in need of a Bennettsville family dentistry, Dr. Beaty and the team at Dentistry on Broad is your choice for safe and relaxing dental visits.
What is considered Family Dentistry?
A dentist who practices family dentistry refers to a professional who provides dental care to patients of any age or oral needs. Many practices focus on either pediatric dentistry or dentistry for adults. However, our team cares for the oral health needs of patients across the board- from toddlers to senior citizens.
Why Choose Family Dentistry?
Choosing our dental team means you are choosing a practice that is your one-stop hub for dental appointments and specialized treatment. Families are able to come in and schedule appointments for everyone for quick, convenient dental visits in one location.
Additionally Dr. Beaty possesses a vast knowledge of the human mouth, regardless of the age or oral health condition of the patient. This means that your smile is in knowledgeable and experienced hands.
While many offices that offer family dentistry often do not offer specialized services, here at Dentistry on Broad, Dr. Beaty offers several specialized services, such implant dentistry, gum disease diagnosis, cosmetic dentistry, and even root canal treatment . Getting the comprehensive, customized treatment that your entire family needs and deserves is easy and convenient at our office.
Dentistry for Children
Dr. Beaty is a local favorite among his younger patients and their parents. Not only does his gentle care and years of experience please parents, but his chairside demeanor instantly puts even the most hesitant child at ease. In fact, Dr. Beaty is quite the magician and his “slight of hand” helps entertain and distract children who are typically nervous when visiting the dentist. For more information on Dr. Beaty’s dental care for children and for videos of his famous magic tricks, click here.
Our team members are also all trained to put younger patients at ease during check-ups and treatment. Your kids will love the attention they get and the fun they experience at our office. If your child has ever exhibited signs of fear when it comes to dental work, don’t let their oral health suffer from it. Trust our team to make dental checkups stress-free and fun!
Here are just some of the dental services we offer for our younger patients. For a complete list of dental procedures for children, call us today.
- Dental checkups (we generally suggest 2 checkups a year once they receive their first baby tooth)
- Oral hygiene maintenance (including education for adults on how to keep children’s teeth healthy)
- Dental sealants
- Fluoride treatment
- Digital X-rays (we use X-rays only on an absolute need basis and will never submit your child to X-rays if it is not necessary)
- Baby tooth crown/caps
Dentistry for Teens
It is incredibly important to not only care for the oral health of adolescents and teens but also to understand how pivotal of an age this can be when it comes to behaviors and habits that will affect your oral health for the rest of your life.
Teens are vulnerable to a number of factors that can negatively affect their oral health. Some of these factors include:
- Unhealthy diets– Let’s face it, teenagers aren’t known for their healthy diet choices. Many teens fall into the bad habit of drinking soda regularly or eating sweet foods. This can increase the chance of tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Smoking– Unfortunately, some teens will pick up the unhealthy habit of smoking tobacco. This causes staining, gum disease, tooth decay and even tooth loss.
- Stress– Stress from school or social settings can result in bruxism, or teeth grinding, either throughout the day or during sleep. This can cause pain in the jaw (TMJ disorder), cracks in the tooth, misalignment of teeth and other issues.
- Eating disorders– Eating disorders can arise during teenage years and usually result from social pressure and negative body image. The disorders are extremely dangerous and can go unnoticed by parents and loved ones. Regular dental checkups can help your teen maintain healthy teeth despite an eating disorder but more importantly, oral examinations can help your child’s dentist identify the disorder so that your child can receive the help they need.
Dentistry for Adults
Dr. Beaty and staff at Dentistry on Broad provide unmatched dental care for adults in Bennettsville. Don’t let your oral health fall to the wayside because of a busy schedule or a fear of the dentist. We provide easy and flexible scheduling for appointments that work for you. Our team also promises relaxing dental care, no matter what your dental needs are.
Some of the dental procedures that we offer for our adult patients are:
- Dental checkups/oral exams
- Digital X-rays
- Fluoride treatment
- Implant dentistry
- Root Canal Treatment
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Gum Disease Diagnosis
- Dental Crowns
- Tooth extraction
For more information on all of the Bennettsville family dental procedures that we offer, visit our friendly staff today or give us a call at (843) 479-0305.